Settling Into A Role
AS A VOLUNTEER YOU MAY BE:
- asked to provide references, Criminal Records Bureau check or to disclose any criminal convictions as appropriate.
- paid any expenses due to you;
- given a full task description of the work you are covering, written or verbal;
- offered appropriate insurance cover by the voluntary organisation;
- able to receive any relevant training;
- given protective clothing if applicable;
- able to change or develop in the role so your full potential is realised. You should be shown appreciation as a valued member of the organisation.