Once a suitable placement has been established we offer ongoing support.
YOU WILL BE:
- contacted by the Centre section two months and then six months after placement, to follow up the placement suitability/satisfaction;
- doing voluntary work that is your choice;
- given any help or advice you require from the Volunteers Placements Team;
- informed as to who to see and where to go, should you have a complaint or problem.
- Should you choose to work with children/vulnerable people, it may be necessary for the voluntary organisation concerned to arrange a Criminal Records Bureau check. This could take several weeks to process and you may not be able to commence your voluntary work before the check is completed. However, we can offer alternative work for you in the interim.
- Should you choose to work as a volunteer within the Prison Service or Police, checks will also be made. There are also separate “Guidelines for Prison Volunteers” for you to adhere to, details of which will be provided by the prison or by the police.